05 December 2008

one redeeming quality

tonight was the relief society Christmas dinner at the ward building. i love my relief society. i go to a family ward and so there are sisters there from every walk of life ... and they are so much fun!! i love it. so tonight was a great opportunity to see all of them outside of the sunday church atmosphere and enjoy some delicious homemade soup and salad.

when i noted the menu, i will admit that i was a little disappointed. despite the myriad of amazing-looking soups -- from clam chowder to turkey bisque, from chicken chili to homemade dumplings, it was a splendid spread -- i wasn't very excited to dig in. (isn't that horrible for me to admit?)

you see, as i previously explained: i don't really like spoons. i think they are ugly and i think they as not nearly as useful as a fork.

however, the chicken tortilla soup that one of the sisters prepared tonight made the use of a spoon not only necessary and forgivable, but totally and completely encouraged. seriously.

there you have it, friends. the spoon's one redeeming quality: chicken tortilla soup. amen.

1 comment:

Angie Berrio said...

I like that you don't like spoons. I like them, but there are some things I don't like and it's hard to explain why. I'd list some, but I can't think of any right now.