17 April 2007

not-so-blind date

i live with the cutest little lady ever. she's a 70-year-old widow and just so funny. she has a friend -- also an about-70-year-old widow -- who has a son ... well, my roommate and his mom decided that he should be my future husband. so ...

after about 7 months of them not doing anything about the set-up, i decided to take matters into my own hands. i had met the kid previously and he seemed like a good guy. so i asked my roommate for his mom's phone number, called and spoke with her, got his cell phone number ... and called and left a message. "hi, mike, this is christianna and i'm not sure if you even remember me, but i thought i'd see if you want to go out sometime. so give me a call back, okay?" two days later he returned my call; we decided to go out on saturday last week.

okay, so the date on saturday: totally fell asleep. *and* he noticed and even woke me up and suggested that maybe i should just go to bed ... :S but it wasn’t really my fault! first of all, i stayed up talking on the phone with a friend of mine until about 130 on friday night. then i had to get up at 500 on saturday morning to go down to the temple. then, from the temple, i went straight up to my sister's to babysit her son for the rest of the day ... so it was already a long day.

and so that night, we went to dinner at el torito (*yummy* mexican!) and by the time we were done eating and talking and stuff it was well after 11, so not really gonna make it to see a movie at the theater ... so i just suggested we go to my house to watch a movie. well, hmmm ... me and movies at home ... and especially because it was one i had already seen -- serenity ... or at least i thought i had already seen it, but then after he woke me up, there were scenes i don’t think i’ve ever seen before ... guess i must have fallen asleep in that one before. grrr. i think i am gonna have to try and watch that for reals this weekend because i totally thought i had seen it ... which is why sometimes i put it on when i am going to bed -- i almost have the whole beginning memorized. in fact, i could probably act it out for ya and you wouldn’t even know that you weren’t watching the actual movie! really.

anyway, see? sleeping on the date: not my fault.

and so, then sunday i was debating when i should call future-husband and apologize yet again for falling asleep and see if he wanted to go out again, and i decided that i should probably wait the standard 2 days -- don't want to appear too eager, nor do i want to pester him in case he really was upset by it, or whatever. but then *he* called *me* that evening! for no reason! just to say hi! so, hmmm. i couldn't really talk right then because we were having dinner, but we talked for about 5 minutes. i'll probably call him back tonight.

No comments: