06 March 2009

d-i-y car repair?

reggie sounds like an orca whale ... again.

i think it was november that i took him in for a check-up and my mechanic fixed him up real pretty, even changed the power steering fluid tubing because it had a leak.

about a month later, he started squealing at me on cold mornings whenever i turned the wheel. so, after text-consulting a car guru friend, i took him back to the shop. my mechanic tightened the belts and added a super-powered-additive-juice-something to the power steering fluid. pronto! reggie stopped complaining.

until a couple weeks ago. the orca whale is back.

(oh -- i don't actually know what an orca whale sounds like, as opposed to a regular whale, but i presume it says something like "ooorr-caaaaa", which is what reggie says, too, so ... there you go.)

i texted my car guru friend again. he says it might be expensive to fix. so i was thinking of trying to fix it myself. because, y'know, i *am* a fan of do-it-yourselfing it in general -- i mean, if you *can* do it, why not? besides, i figure learning how to fix cars is a good thing.

which is, i am sure, what the owner of this vehicle thought:

see the funniez? yeah, i captured that perfect shot that on the way home a few months ago. heh.

3 comments:

inge said...

"did that sound a bit orca-ish to you? I think I put a little bit of orca in there."

I am with you on the do it yourself stuff. but where's the time to do it? right?

KTLADY said...

I love your picture. You should call this guy to see what he would recommend. Hope Reggie feels better soon.

Brad and Darci said...

HA! Some people are very interesting! Good luck with reg- he has to pull through this:) The brakes were going out on our car so brad took it in last week and the mechanic was going to charge us $200 to fix them- ouch! So we called my brother and he and brad fixed them for seriously $20 it was pretty awesome and they did it one night! Maybe you can find a cute guy to help you with Reggie:)