05 July 2008

the sun, moon, and stars

(amy, i stole your blog title. it was just so fitting!!)

to celebrate the birth of our country, i took advantage of every single minute of this day off.

having gotten home from my sister's at around 2:30 am the night before, pulling myself out of bed at 7am was a bit difficult. but i had groceries to buy and eggs to fry. so ... decked out in my pajama shorts and my i-mess-with-texas t, i headed for vons. (i'm still keeping my distance from ralph's, unfortunately. besides that, vons is closer to my house. yeah.)

after the quick outing to the grocery store, i came back home and cooked eggs for our ward fourth-of-july breakfast. dropped those off at the church and came back home to shower and get ready for the day.

unfortunately, i took too long. by the time i got back to the church with my stomach growling, my glass dish was empty and already washed and the only edible thing left was some maple sausage. so ... i grabbed a couple of those and drove home.

the sun

soon my phone rang. it was jenn. she gave me directions to zuma and told me they were by lifguard station 4. half an hour later, so was i.

jenn and her boyfriend had been there for maybe an hour already and were taking a boogie board break. but as soon as i arrived, they were ready to go in again.

the moon

i haven't ever been boogie boarding before, but, oh my goodness, i had such a good time! and i have the bruises all over my ribs to prove it!

oh -- i found out that my swimming suit bottoms are a little too big. which was a bit unfortunate for all the beach-goers at zuma that day. oops. sorry.

the stars

the evening was spent under the stars up in valencia after a delicious barbecue with my sister's friends. the city put on a fabulous fireworks show. my nephew loved it and clapped after each really big one. he's such a fun kid.

5 comments:

Jared said...

So, how exactly do you mess with Texas? Cow tipping or something?

christianna said...

mwa-ha-ha-ha ... you'll never know!

(no, really. you'll never know. i can't tell you. i'd get in trouble. like go-to-prison-the-rest-of-my-natural-life trouble. err, somethin'.)

inge said...

that's a cop-out. you don't really even begin to know how you would mess with texas! ha ha. :)

christianna said...

you're right, inge. mmeh. sorry ... :S

Zig said...

You are saying it wrong.

It is said

"Tey-Hawsss"