01 May 2008

didn't wait long enough

you will recall my traumatic grocery experience from a few months ago. i think i was too ambitious last night when i decided enough time had passed so i could once again return to the hallowed halls of my neighborhood ralph's.

innocently enough, i just stopped in to quickly grab some milk and some toothpaste (very quickly: i had mcdonald's calling my name from the car).

so as to not let my fries get too cold without me, i followed a very efficient route inside the store, spending a total of about 5 minutes in there. mom would have been proud. so, with my goods in hand and ready to check-out, i noted only one cashier on duty: grocery guy. hmmm. but ... there's always the self-checkout registers ... so i headed there, quickly rang myself up, and started toward the door.

i had to cross the front of the store, though, right past grocery guy. and at the very moment i was passing his cash wrap, he turned around and saw me. he smiled with a smooth, "hey gorgeous, is tax season over?"

  1. i don't do taxes.
  2. [whimper] i just want to do my grocery shopping in peace ... [whimper, whimper]

i smiled, because i always smile and i really don't want to be mean. then i answered with a simple "yes" and kept walking, to which he responded, "good. well, then maybe we'll see more of you now."

[whimper ...]

5 comments:

Amie and Karl said...

You really make me laugh

Karl is glad tax season is over well kind of he has a full college schedule

Anonymous said...

Dood. How many times do I have to tell you not to buy toothpaste!?!?

Em and Ms said...

As always, I love reading your stories. I can't believe teh situations you get into. Don't people get the clue? My sister-in-law just had an experience with a guy in Hawaii who just didn't get it.

christianna said...

i'm sorry i bought toothpaste. never again. promise.

Anonymous said...

... hands of all those who are not surprised. I mean, any/everyone flirts with Christianna.