21 June 2008

talk nerdy to me

i went to the dentist on monday morning to get a cracked filling replaced. i really don't mind going to the dentist -- i kinda like it, actually. don't know that i can explain why. mmeh.

so, first my dentist had to drill out the old filling. i don't really like the part when he has to needle me with the anesthetic, but that doesn't take long.

after he drilled it out, i asked him if i could look at my drilled-out tooth. he was happy to let me take a gander -- it was really cool! dunno, i just thought it looked cool. i wanted to take a picture, but i did that the last time i got a filling replaced and i didn't want my dentist to think i was one of *those* people. so then i thought about drawing a picture for you, but i'm not a very good drawer. oh, well. you'll just have to take my word for it that it was pretty cool!

so, then he put some new filling stuff in there and shaped it. pronto!

right?

well, the only problem is that it is too big.

well, like when he did the filling, he of course asked me to move my jaws around and see how it felt, but -- i mean -- he's asking me how it feels when i can't feel anything. i mean, wasn't that the point of the anesthetic? so that i *wouldn't* feel anything? so how am i supposed to tell him that it feels weird -- i can't feel it. i couldn't feel anything.

i can feel it now, though ... bah.

oh well. so, now i have a big tooth. which has caused a speech impediment.

i have a lisp.

i have a nerdy lisp.

i have a nerdy lisp because i have a big tooth.

fabulous.

and i don't have time to go get it fixed until the middle of never. so guess this is how i am going to be. hope y'all like it.

2 comments:

Leisel said...

I'll have to share this with Andrew! Being a dental student, people like to tell him their tooth stories whenever they get the chance - it's pretty hillarious. We just glance at each other with a knowing smile...here we go again, another tooth saga. Hope you can get it fixed!

christianna said...

that's really funny.

and i can totally relate. people always start telling me tax stories once they find out i am an accountant. that, or they ask me questions.

sometimes i tell them that i have failed my tax test 4 times now. sometimes i don't. ha.