08 July 2008

shoe issues

i got home from work around 10:00pm a couple weeks ago, lugged my junk to my room, and noticed something interesting:

evidently, it had been a long day.

(don't be too concerned for my mental welfare -- i keep a pair of flip-flops in my car for driving because i hate wearing shoes, so rest assured that i didn't pass the whole day in such a state of fashion faux pas. however, i *did* make it all the way from my car to my bedroom without noticing that anything was amiss. so what does that tell you? hmmm.)

on a more interesting note: i want a pair of red shoes. after spending an excrutiating 25 minutes at dsw, i found a pair i loved.

but because i not only hate shopping, but i also hate spending money, i didn't buy them. but a full month later, these shoes were still on my mind. so i went back and bought them.

but evidently i seem to be unable to make snap decisions like i used to, so i kept these shoes in the box a full month after buying them, trying them on and walking around my room every few days -- but i just wasn't sure if i really wanted to spend the money and also not sure if they were the right size.

well, i went back last week to see if they had a half-size bigger. nope. but they did have another pair of red shoes that caught my eye ... so now, because of my newly-discovered indecisive nature, i am still torn.

what's your opinion?

red patent leather and square toe? or red snakeskin alligator-skin and pointed toe? (i think i decided they are alligator, not snakeskin. i think.)

so many choices ...

eesh ... life is so hard ... :P

8 comments:

germanjules said...

red patent leather and square toe!! that's my vote! but i don't wear high hills, oops I mean heels!

Jess said...

Red snake skin! I looooove snake skin shoes. :o)

christianna said...

so that makes the tally 1 to 1. hmmm. doesn't really help ... that's about where i was at on my own ...

anyone else wanna vote??

(p.s. -- after reading your comment, jess, i don't think they are snakeskin afterall. i think they are alligator. well, fake alligator. i mean, "faux" alligator. that sounds more chic.)

(p.p.s. -- do we say "chic" in english?)

The Hill Family said...

You just described my typical shopping experience/ One good thing is you don't excessivley spend money on things you won't really use. Yet shopping takes on a whole new tantalizing meaning.

My vote is for the shiney ones, I guess that would be the red patent leather square toe.

inge said...

go with the original decision. you already have the faux skin kind in another color. plus, the original look less painful.

Jared said...

square toe leather.

-Anonymous person using Jared's account because Jared doesn't pay attention to things like girl shoes.

Fernanda Rudloff said...

Oi Chris heheheheh muito engracado o seu pe um com chinelo e outro com sapato rsrsr, adorei a bandeirinha dp Brasil no chinelo rsrsr that's the way to go girl.
beijo

matti kaye said...

okay, i swear i left a comment earlier, but i guess not. here's pretty much what i said:

i vote neither. the heel on the patent leather is too thick, and you already have faux-skin shoes.

but maybe the heel doesn't look so thick in person (can you say that about a shoe?) so i might have to change my mind upon actually seeing them.