12 October 2007

crazy-busy

i quite honestly feel like i haven't slept in 2 weeks. i don't know what my problem is, but i always seem to think -- and blurt out before thinking any further -- "sure, i can do that, too!"

when i got called to be a teacher in relief society back in april, one of the sisters in the ward stopped me in the hall and said quite frankly, "i need to teach you something."

"umm, okay ..."

"no," she said quite sternly.

i was confused -- yes, with a furrowed brow.

"you need to learn to say 'no.'" evidently i was already doing too many things and spreading myself too thin.

my response to her then was the same one i use today: "well, i just figure that if i *can*, then why not?"

i have to admit that i think i may have overdone things a bit in these past couple weeks. since october-1, not only have i put in a full 80+ hours at work (which is still boring for the most part, but not as boring as it had been), but i have attended 2 after-work work events, taken 6 little girls shopping for fabric as part of our let's-learn-to-sew activity (wow, i am impressed with mothers who can do that without going crazy), spent 30+ hours driving (yes, i got lost a couple times), screamed away my voice for 5 hours at knott's scary farm (*so* much fun!), attended 1 relief society pot-luck, had 2 harp lessons, attended 12 hours of training for work, taught seminary once (now, *that* is a difficult class to teach), attended a women who mean business awards luncheon (good food), watched general conference, donated platelets once (which took surprisingly long this time), watched 1 movie with a perfect boy, attended game night at my sister eden's followed by dinner with perfect boy, eaten too much sushi with the girls, finished my way-good library book (finally) ...

... okay, i was just now trying to think of a good way to end that list ... nothing is coming to me right now. i guess not only am i out of time these days, but i am also out of a brain. heh.

8 comments:

matti kaye said...

that explains a lot of our conversation last night...

The Hill Family said...

I want to hear more about the perfect boy. Give me a call.

christianna said...

matti --> you will be happy to know that i have now gotten some rest. hopefully it was "enough".

amy --> i'll call ya ...

:D

missy. said...

i too am curious about this "perfect boy..." is this blog-able material?

Amie and Karl said...

Wow you are busy. I can't belive everythng you are doing. I would really like to litsen to one of your lessons because I know they would be good. So tell me about this perfect boy.

christianna said...

yes, there is some blogability to perfect boy. i'm still collecting my thoughts ... that's the reason for the delay. but i will post something ... soon. promise.

Meeshy McMeesherson said...

Perfect boy?!?!? What? I need to get to CA NOW!

christianna said...

yes! please please come!! and soon!