16 January 2008

ain't made for walkin'

i decided last month that i want to own some snakeskin shoes. well, particularly that i want to own some strappy snakeskin sandals ...

... but it's winter. and i was at target. because, as we all know, i love target. and because we *also* all know that i have no patience for shopping. so what i found are these *fake* snakeskin heels:

they're a fairly attractive shoe, i admit. but i tell ya, these shoes weren't meant to be worn all day.

i wore them to church on sunday. but it was stake conference -- so it was only 2 hours and i was sitting in one chair the whole time -- and then i came home and put my flip flops back on. (can i just ask *why* "professional dress" frowns upon flip flops? really. i mean, today you can find flip flops that would coordinate with anything. i vote that we as a nation re-think "professional dress" and give flip flops a second chance. who's with me?)

so, since the sassy snakeskin shoes gave me no trouble on sunday, i didn't think anything about their newness and the need to "break them in" when i decided they would look fabulous with my striped sweater and dress khakis on tuesday.

and now i have blisters. on both my heels. and even on a couple of my toes. my toes are sad about that.

1 comment:

matti kaye said...

my toes are sad in empathy.