04 January 2008

jolly swolly

i swallowed a cherry jolly rancher almost whole today.

i am still getting over my cold, and i thought that sucking on something during my cpa test might help to keep the coughing to a minimum. but the thing is that the testing center doesn't allow you to bring anything besides your clothes with you into the testing room. no cell phone, no watch, no purse, no chapstick, no books, no cheat sheets, nothin' ... i'm glad they let me bring my clothes. so included in that list of no's is "no candy wrappers". which i totally understand: it is *so* extremely annoying and distracting to hear someone open a candy wrapper, even when they try to do it discretely.

anyway, so i popped a cherry jolly rancher in my mouth almost immediately upon arriving at the testing center so i could get one started while they checked me in. and then i grabbed a second cherry jolly rancher, unwrapped it, and waited to put it in my mouth as i was entering the testing room. (no, they don't let me take it into the testing room even without the wrapper unless it is *in my mouth*. so i guess that in this place *all* candy, not just m&m's, are safe against possible melt-in-your-hand-ness.)

after checking in, i had to go to the other desk to get my testing materials (scratch paper, pencils, etc.) and as i sat down i could feel a bit of a cough so i reached up to cover my mouth and, as i did, i breathed in and sucked my cherry jolly rancher right down my throat! i'd only been sucking on it for *maybe* 2.64 minutes. it was still freakin' huge! but it flew straight back and slid effortlessly down my throat.

tragedy! sadness! i was so thoroughly enjoying the tangy cherry flavor and relishing in the fact that i knew my tongue was getting redder and redder by the moment! but it was gone. gone in an instant. i was so unprepared. filled with such loss. all that was left to do was to ...

... pop the second one in my mouth, walk into the testing room with my materials, and take my test. hopefully i did better this time than last. i'll find out in about 6 weeks.

3 comments:

matti kaye said...

i'm sorry you swallowed your jolly rancher.

christianna said...

i love the cherry ones ...

The Hill Family said...

I know that title was inspired--Jolly Swolly! HA! You are a genius.