29 January 2008

another sandwich post

the monte cristo:

at brent's deli, it is described as: "ham, turkey & swiss on thick egg bread deep-fried in batter. served with strawberry preserves and powdered sugar." but i'm telling you, it tastes better than that. just imagine a ham and turkey sandwich made with french toast and deep-fried to perfection.

for those of you who haven't tried this artery-clogging sensation yet ... you are missing out. when i ordered it at lunch yesterday, two of my co-workers had very emotional responses -- one guy seemed ready to have a heart attack himself at just hearing my order, and the other guy was ready to jump up and down in excitement over my order.

and had i known beforehand just what i was getting myself into, i probably would have had both reactions at once.

but i'm tellin' ya. good eats!

of course, i will also tell you that i went running last night, too, y'know to try and make up for my indulgence and i seriously couldn't run to save my life. it's a very good thing that no one was chasing me. really.

but wow, what a sandwich!

3 comments:

Brianne said...

Sorensen! You are so stinkin' funny! I so happy to find your blog. I love looking at people's blogs. I sat here for the past 15 minutes reading all the crazy adventures of your life. I miss you so much. I found a pic of us when Mayley was born. You are just the greatest. Dang I want to try eating that yummy sandwich! My fam is down in disneyland right now. too bad I'm not with them or I would've drove over to see you!
love ya lady!
Redding :)

matti kaye said...

second paragragh, third sentence, you wrote "just imaging" instead of "just imagine"

christianna said...

fixed it. thanks, dude.