26 October 2008

the price of gas

when i left for chicago on oct-12 (2 weeks ago, today), the price of gas at my nearby shell was $3.37. on the way home from church today, i saw this:

yes, friends, we have broken $3 in california. the good way. that's a decrease of 38 cents in 2 weeks. yea! that's more than an 11% decrease! in 2 weeks! annualize that and you get ... well, something only an accountant should know ... so i won't subject all y'all to it. just know that it's really good, okay?

what's the price of gas in your neck of the woods?

6 comments:

Em and Ms said...

I'm loving these lower gas prices. I was just telling Matt I feel like going on a trip because of it! And that's so funny--on Friday I couldn't believe the gas prices and took a picture of the sign too! It'll be my post on Tuesday (I already scheduled it). We beat you though--I got gas for $2.79!

Jared said...

I paid $2.299 a gallon on Friday for gas just outside of Lake Jackson, TX.

amy said...

jared wins. it's 2.83 at the maverick by my house

christianna said...

this morning, shell advertised $2.89. another 10 cents. in 2.5 days.
this is great!!
but makes me wonder what's going on ... and will it continue ... ??

Amie and Karl said...

Our gas here in Idaho even in Rexburg which is a miracle because they like to be more then ID falls but we are down to 2.51

Eden said...

Costco in Lancaster had it for $2.57 on Weds. Just after I paid $2.99 at the Shell by the freeway. I was so excited by the under $3 price I filled up....