19 April 2008

wish you were there

okay, so friday night was game night up at my sister eden's. they do it once a month. on the third friday. i know this. i can recite the schedule on command. but ... eden still has to call me every time and say, "hey, it's game night -- are you coming?"

game night is so much fun. it's usually at eden's house. or sometimes we go to other people's houses (don't worry -- eden knows all those people). and the agenda, you ask? well, mostly we play games. and we eat treats. and we play more games. and eat more treats. ... you get it. i'm telling you: so. much. fun.

so yesterday i was at work kinda late (even though busy season is over, whatever), trying to finish some stuff so that next week will not be so hectic, and eden called at about 6:40 to say, "hey, it's game night -- are you coming?" my response: "heck yes i am!" (or something a little less napoleon-esque, but just as excited.)

so i packed things up, drove home to change, and then headed up.

and so i'm driving, right. and i noticed this tube of lotion that i've had in my car since, oh, probably the 29th of november. it's the lotion i got from the pharmacy. my doctor had prescribed it for some really dry skin that i have on one of my fingers. so since i wasn't doing anything else at the moment besides driving, i decided it would be a good opportunity to apply said lotion. (ha ha: when i just typed that word, i actually typed "lotino". that's a fun word to say. say it: "lotino". ha ha. anyway ... )

well, it's been a while since i used the lotion, so the tube was a little clogged with some dried-out lotion. i thought maybe i could squish the lotion out so i squeezed it a little: nope. so i used the pokey end of the cap to poke it a little: still nope. i massaged most of the lotion up to the top of the tube. still couldn't get it out.

but when i stopped at the next stop light, i decided to just give it all i had -- it *had* to come out, right?

and ... umm ... i got it.

yeah.

i reeeally got it: all over my freakin' car!

yeah. i squeezed the tube with my muscles and the dried-up lotion that was clogging the tube shot straight up! followed by about half the tube of lotion! it was everywhere: on the ceiling, on the sun visor, on the window, on the windshield, on the dashboard, on the steering wheel, on the radio, on the gear shifter, on the arm rest, on the other arm rest .. and on me: on my head, on my hair, on my face, on my arms, on my shirt, on my pants ... and on my finger, which was fortunate since that was precisely where i wanted to put the lotion anyway. hmm. so that's good, right?

oh -- and additionally: it had been a hot day, so the lotion was rather melted and runny. so not only was it all over everything, but it was now dripping off of everything and getting on *more* everything. oh my goodness.

it was the funniest thing ever! i laughed and laughed and laughed. and i looked around to see if anyone else was perchance enjoying this spectacle. nope. no one. not a single person. not anyone. which is why i really wish you were there. really.

then i laughed some more, pulled out my handy wet wipes, and started cleaning up my mess. seriously: it was everywhere.

1 comment:

matti kaye said...

you seriously have to stop writing the funny blogs for me to read while at work. my coworkers think i'm crazy just sitting over here laughing to myself.
but i can't help it. i'm so sorry reggie is covered in lotion (or lotino, if you like), but it was SO funny.
i'm glad i wasn't there because i didn't get covered, but i wish i had been there to laugh with you.