17 April 2008

he bought a ring!?

many of you may not know, but i am kind of easily addicted to television shows. it's embarrassing to admit, but ... i feel it is something i just cannot keep from you any longer.

in elementary school it was darkwing duck and tale spin. junior high and high school i couldn't get through the day without saved by the bell and star trek: the next generation. college was friends -- it was on at least twice day, *4 times* on thursdays -- and then csi, which has carried through until recently. my newest show craving is house, which is all-too-often bumped for dumb american idol (sorry, idol fans -- but don't mess with me and my shows).

wow. memory lane.

okay.

back to 2008.

so in college, a friend of mine tried to get me to watch the office with him at his apartment like every week, but i was too dang addicted to csi to oblige his repeated requests. i thought my life with grissom, nick, and warrick was complete. my life was good.

then i graduated from college, took a *fabulous* job here in l.a., and continued my thursday night csi ritual. and now that i'm not in school and tied to a chair in the periodicals section of the hbll, i have expanded my horizons a little, and added house on tuesdays. life was still good.

when i found out that tbs is showing office re-runs on tuesday nights, i decided to check it out, too -- it was on right after house, anyway, so i was already comfortable in the blue lazy-boy ...

... and i have to say that i am starting to regret a few things from college. i mean, i didn't even *know* i was missing jim and pam, michael and dwight in my life! really!

and here's where you'll all be shocked, so take a seat, please (since i know that there are those of you that use the internet while standing, walking, jumping, bowling, or otherwise not-sitting, uh-huh):

tonight i watched the new episode of the office *instead* of csi.

yeah. i know: this is big.

and i cannot tell you how happy i am with that choice. *especially* because of the shocking revelation that jim made, which i won't disclose here for those of you that haven't seen the episode yet. (oh, and for those of you that haven't seen the episode yet: don't read the title of this post. yeah.)

so.

much has changed: i'm an office girl now, not a csi girl. (note that, house remains untouched since it doesn't conflict with the office in any way and actually promotes this, my new addiction.)

this is a new chapter in my life. welcome, one and all.

2 comments:

The Hill Family said...

I totally yelled at Ethan for not telling me this. He watched it that night, I didn't. How dare he!

missy. said...

i love the office so much. i mean, really: SO much! welcome to the club :)