26 February 2008

shout it out

a friend introduced me to this wonderful invention that is itself the stain-prone's best friend. at lunch one day, she dropped a glorious plop of refried beans, cheese, sour cream, and other burrito fixin's on her cream-colored blouse. gasp!! without missing a beat, though, she whipped out a shout wipe and within 5 minutes, i couldn't even remember what had fallen on her shirt. i was converted. i bought some the very next day.

now, there was a time when, in a mad rush of panicked frenzy, i bought a tide pen at target, thinking it could serve the same purpose. but i was horribly, horribly disappointed.

so now it's *all* shout wipes for me.

and good thing, too. this morning i was in a rush to get ready and out the door so i could be to my client's office by 830. and as i lifted my computer bag and gave myself a quick once-over in the mirror, i saw it: blood. on my so-cute white-with-really-cute-little-light-gray-flowers blouse. i must have scratched myself somehow. (how? mmeh, dunno. oh, well.) so, i stood in front of the mirror for about 7.36 seconds contemplating what i could change into quickly without ruining "the mood" of my chosen appearance for the day. when i remembered -- how could i forget? -- shout wipes -- in the car, even -- waiting for me.

so with a quick sigh of relief and a new conviction that the world would keep spinning in a clockwise fashion (or is it counter-clockwise?), i confidently walked out to my car where shout wipes once again saved the day.

so the moral of the story ... ?? well, the shout wipes tagline is, "treat stains while you're on the go". and boy do i. you should, too. :D

(p.s. -- in all fairness, the tagline should be something like, "save the world, one stain at a time", but that's just my opinion. the marketing guys at shout must know something i don't. pshaw.)

2 comments:

matti kaye said...

i like that you wrote what she had spilled on her shirt and then proceeded to tell us that when she was finished you couldn't even remember what she had spilled.

christianna said...

heh. yeah, that's funny. :P