29 July 2007

surf's up!

my friend jenn is teaching me to surf!! yay!

a few weeks ago, we met up at my house at 830 in the morning and headed out to ventura beach. i can't believe how much cooler it is out at the beach than here at my house! anyway, it's about a 1/2 hour or 45 minutes up the 101. we got there, parked the car and unloaded the boards. there were lots of surfers already there and more arriving throughout the morning.

jenn has been surfing for about 6 years and was so excited to have me come with her. after squeezing into our wet suits, we made our way down to the beach with the boards. jenn let me borrow both a suit and a board.

i had such a good time!! i love swimming and anything in the water. i have been wanting to learn to surf for years now -- and now that i'm in la ... being out on the board was so much fun! i caught a couple waves, but couldn't pull myself up to my feet. i got to my knees a couple times, but just haven't figured out the feet thing yet. next time ... it was so much fun anyway. and i'm getting really good at turle-diving. :)

oh -- gotta take the standard surfing pic ... please excuse the white legs ...

No comments: