10 July 2007

boys are mean. and confusing.

the guy from the airplane ride texted me on saturday:

airplane boy: so when are we going on a hot date?

we can be friends, but i'm not really interested in going on a date with him, "hot" or otherwise. i was at my sister's house at the time of the texting and her husband likes to give me guy advice.

"tell him you're not interested. unless you are interested ..." he advised.

"no, i'm not. i don't want to go out with him," i replied matter-of-factly.

"then tell him you're not interested."

"but can i do that in a text?" i asked.

he retorted, "he asked you out in a text."

true.

me: i don't think i'd be interested. but thank you.
airplane boy: oh whatever

i asked my brother-in-law, "what does that mean?"

"just ignore him. either he's upset with you or he doesn't realize you were serious. let him figure it out."

"but should i respond? try to explain ... ?"

my brother-in-law replied, "only respond if you are going to change your answer. otherwise, don't."

"okay."

a half hour later:

airplane boy: go back to being a boring little church girl ... ha ha

that was mean. my brother-in-law said, "okay, don't respond. just let him get it out of his system. don't respond. that's all he wants is to get a rise out of you."

i waited another half hour or so, then i was disobedient:

me: are you kidding? i don't know what to do with that.

nothing further. kinda thought i wouldn't hear from him again ... until ... sunday:

airplane boy: how was church today?

i didn't respond. so he waited a half hour.

airplane boy: i'm sitting here all by myself

after another half hour, i decided i wasn't going to be a baby about it:

me: church was good. how was yours?
airplane boy: i didn't go, i didn't get home from big bear till 2

i didn't write him anymore. i really don't want to play this game. how much more clear can i be than to say that i'm not interested?

he texted me again today.

airplane boy: whatcha doin

umm, not talking to you ... :S

1 comment:

christianna said...

"airplane toddler" ... i love it, i *love* it!!