07 September 2007

kerplop!

so in the bathroom at lax i heard a fateful and dreaded sound and quickly turned only to discover that my phone took a swim in the toilet. eww!

well, i quickly grabbed it out and dried it with some tp and hand towels. then i opened her up and took out the battery and sim card. but there was liquid behind the screen: oh gross. and who knows where else. i couldn't take it completely apart, though, because i had unfortunately neglected to bring my insanely-teeny-tiny screwdriver with me on my vacation. so i just let her air out during the hour-and-a-half flight up.

after landing, i had to put it back together because i had to coordinate with the people i was meeting at byu ... so yes, i had to use a pee-phone, had to press it up against my face. and not just a my-pee phone. but a my-pee-and-who-knows-what-else-was-in-that-toilet phone. ugh. i had smeared some hand sanitizer on it, though. that made me feel a little better.

so gross.

funny thing, though: when i got to the hotel and got hooked up to the internet, the story on the msn mainpage was instructions about just such a situation. i'd say that's pretty good timing.

No comments: