30 May 2007

are you sure you want to be a cpa (i think it's pronounced ca-paw)?

so yeah, yesterday i didn’t go to work! ha! how great is that?! pretty great, i know. but actually, it was not for a fun reason: i was taking cpa test #4. (there are only 4. but if you are special, you can fail some of them and get to take them again. and again. and again. i think that after about 17 times, though, you should maybe consider a different career. my opinion.)

and yesterday’s test was a *beast*. i knew one of the questions for sure, though. yeah, i was all over that one. the other 73: totally guessed. not kidding.

and now, don’t start lecturing me about the power of optimism and positive thinking … because i will admit that there is definitely a chance that i passed. a chance. like, for example, if the grader falls asleep while grading my test. sure, i might pass. and if, while sleeping, he starts to drool a little on my test. and he drools so much that it starts wiping out my answers. and *then* he is so embarrassed that he drooled all my answers away and realizes that he can’t very well come back and ask me to take the test again because of his slightly moist narcolepsy and so he decides that he better just give me a passing grade to save face. yeah, i might pass. we’ll see …

No comments: