03 January 2010

resolutions, v. 2010

i wasn't going to make resolutions this year.

but i found a bit of hope in a rather commonplace text received shortly after midnight, on new years day: "happy 2010! make it a great year."

at first i didn't think much of it -- i'm sure i have received a similar text or email or something every year since bread was first introduced to peanut butter -- but, i read it a second time and it hit me that *i* can make it a great year. immediately, the cynic on my shoulder chimed in with a "well, you can try ...", followed by a "but you can't control most things anyway."

i decided i am tired of that faithless argument. and i'd like to ride the wave of hope a little longer.

so, here we go:

  1. de-stress. i intend to keep a longer-range perspective on time and other commitments. i know that because i am who i am, i need to keep my calendar full; however, i can't keep over-filling it. i will make conscious effort to more realistically fill my calendar, allowing time for the unforeseens. additionally, if i think i've mis-estimated, i'll adjust.

  2. exercise. as is the case every year, with busy season looming, i hesitate to set a specific goal for this, but if i don't do it now, i never will. i'd like to get out and jog or run twice a week: monday and tuesday. pronto.

  3. scripture reading. i've been out of this habit for far too long. i'll work my way through the Doctrine & Covenants, one verse at a time until i can pick up more momentum.

my stress level just increased, so i better stop. if any of y'all have suggestions, i'll take 'em. thanks!

5 comments:

Fernanda Rudloff said...

Ola querida tudo bem, faz tempo que nao comento no seu blog, mas sempre passo por aqui viu.
Espero que vc consiga cumprir suas metas para este ano.
bjo e sucesso.

Ah! da uma passadinha no meu blog me diga oque acha?
me siga please
http://click-nanda-click.blogspot.com/

Brianne said...

Oh Fernanda sounds bonitinha!! Thanks for the advice on how to do my little link thing!! you rock!! How is your exercising going!? I'm trying to do the same. It's been going ok! I feel oh so Gorda though!! I love ya! I hope you are doing awesome!

Eden said...

Okay, I'm still waiting for another post. How are those resolutions going? Are you still stressed?

Jared said...

As the defacto secretary for c'a, let me just say that the resolutions are going well and that stress is at an all time low. Also, c'a got a hair cut last week, she got caught up on some personal contacts this week, and next week she has a 99% chance of choc-olate.

Ames said...

Where is my Christianna? I miss her. :)