28 October 2009

pump gas much?

so ... it's been a while, okay?

i stopped at the shell last night to refuel.

as i sat for about 5 minutes, waiting for the outside "stalls" to free up (since they are the only pumps with diesel) i realized that my tank was on the other side of the car and promptly pulled into the empty diesel stall in front of me.

i put him in park and climbed out. i swiped my card and waited. and waited. oh, i have to put in my zip code. hmm ... where's the key pad? oh. found it.

i grabbed the nozzle and put it into the tank. when i squeezed the handle, nothing happened. huh? oh, i have to push the fuel type button.

i squeezed the handle again and the diesel started flowing.

finally.

i didn't remember that refueling was such an ordeal ...

thanks, jerry, for being so fuel-efficient.

4 comments:

Ryan G said...

You are such a tease...are you trying to make me go buy my Golf TDI right now? Ugh. I want a new car so bad!

Alanna said...

Don't worry Christianna...once I drove from Provo to Rexburg without Dustin (who used to ALWAYS fill up for us) and I stopped in Pocatello for gas. I could not for the life of me get the gas cap off my car. I had to call Dustin on a pay phone for advice...and then I couldn't get him. So I called my family in Canada...and I haven't heard the end of it since. Turns out I just wasn't turning hard enough... but I didn't want to break it.

Eden said...

I'll one-up you... I haven't even had to buy gas since August. How about that?

christianna said...

dangit. you win.
well, eden, we'll see how you do once you get back to your normal life. hope it's not as traumatic for you ...