26 March 2007

review comments

okay, so i have been with my firm for just over 6 months now, so i am still officially considered the peon. that's okay. i just have one thing that bothers me. well, at least just one thing today. well, one thing that will be the topic of this blog.

so, the skinny on how things generally flow here: my senior assigns me certain "cycles" to complete which include analyzing a handful of processes within the client's accounting system, answering a bunch of questions, and then when i am finished the senior will review my work and return it to me with "review comments". sounds innocent enough. but i cannot even express how frustrated i get when going through these review comments. and that's when things are done in the order i just described.

but ... today.

okay, so friday my senior asked me to just attach everything i was working on -- whether or not it was finished -- answer as many questions as i could, and send all my work to him. so ... i did. and i even included notes here and there indicating that this spreadsheet wasn't finished, or that spreadsheet just needed one or two more things, etc. i thought that would be sufficient.

nope.

got my "review comments" back today. and i am not even kidding -- 7 of his comments were "please finish and sign off". as if i thought i was done just because i had attached the spreadsheet. grrr. i just think it is ridiculous. i mean, what does a review comment like that do, besides just irritate me? is it supposed to help me resolve some issue? is it supposed to point out something i wasn't already aware of? grrr.

anyway, i'm really not that upset about this. i was earlier today. but it's a good thing i forget stuff quickly. makes it easier to let go and move on.

No comments: